12 Facts About Fitness
Here are some of the interesting facts about human body and health that you probably never knew. Knowing these should give you yet another reason to love your body and take care of your health.
1. Muscle burns calories about three times faster and efficient than fat
2. Your heart rests between each beat. Over a normal lifespan, your heart stands still on average 20 years!
3. A person breathes 1 quarts of air every minute.
4. There are nearly 45 Miles of nerves in the human body.
5. There are 650 muscles in the human body,If all 650 muscles pulled in one direction, you could lift 25 tons.
6. Your heart is the strongest muscle of your body and beats average 100.000 times in 24 hours in an average adult.
7. In the course of a lifetime, the resting heart will have pumped enough blood to fill 13 Giant tankers
8. Your brain weights about 3 pounds, it’s pinkish gray in color and is about the size of cauliflower.
9. Your brain receives 100 million nerves messages each second from your senses.
10. The human nervous system can relay messages to the brain at speeds of up to 200 miles/hour.
11. For every 1 lb. of muscle you gain, your body burns about 50 colories per day.
12. If you are 25 lbs. overweight, you have nearly 5.000 extra miles of blood vessels through which hear must pump blood.